My first work week of 2016 is done. Another festive season done and it’s time to pack away the tree and it’s tinsel. Smokey the cat will miss the baubles to play with!
So I guess it’s time to think about what I want from 2016, right? As I said here, I am not big on serious resolutions, but I do think the beginning of a new year is a great time to sit down and think about what I want out of the coming months.
Mostly, these are things I strive for every day of every year. But I guess it’s good to remind myself of the goals every now and then.
Actually, having looked at the dictionary definition for “resolution”, particularly the synonyms, maybe I am big on resolutions, after all:
resolutionrɛzəˈluːʃ(ə)n/nounnoun: resolution; plural noun: resolutions
1. a firm decision to do or not to do something.
So without further ado:
- Spend some time and (a little) money each month on prettifying my house – especially the outside areas. Even if it’s just a small purchase each month, I want the outside of my home to be an extension of the décor inside that we have been working on for the last few years.
- Spend a little time each week doing small organising jobs to maintain some control on the clutter.
- To be positive and upbeat wherever possible.
- To look for opportunities to excel.
- To be present and in touch.
- To communicate well.
- I am hoping to begin something that I have wanted to do for all my adult life. I want a degree and although I have started studies before, I have never seen them through. I labeled myself as a bit of a quitter. My experiences in the last two years of running have proved to me that maybe I am not so much of a quitter after all. Which means maybe it is time to start again and achieve the that one goal that has eluded me all these years. More on this to follow.
- Run… just keep running, get my pace to under 8:00 min per km, finish Two Oceans (dare I hope for under 3 hours?)
- Carry on with my LCHF/Banting lifestyle and hopefully say good bye to a few more kilograms.
- Find time to be a little creative everyday. I’ve started a #drawsomethingevery day challenge – I am hoping that I manage to keep it up and produce something little each day. More on that later!
- Read more
- BE GRATEFUL and AWARE.
Over to you – what are your thoughts for the year ahead?