Yes – believe it… I am writing something! It has been a crazy, busy, stressful few months leading up to the end of 2015 and quite honestly I just haven’t had the time or energy to pay attention to my blog!
I’ve seen a couple of 2015 round ups recently, so I thought that this would be a great prompt to get me typing again!
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
I ran races… a whole bunch of them. I ran a number of 10k’s and two half marathons!
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I’m not big on resolutions. Around this time of year, I do try and give some thought to the coming year and how I would like to live it. I think I achieved the objectives I set out to in 2015 and will do the same for 2016.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
Probably at home, with a few good friends
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
No overseas trips for me this year. We did have a wonderful midyear holiday in Sedgefield though.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
Time spent well.
7. What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
11 July 2015 – the day I ran my first half marathon. The toughest physical goal I have ever set for myself. The awesome moment when my husband met me with a hug at the finish line and I just sobbed into his shoulder and the cheers and tears from my friends and family who were waiting for me at the end.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My first 10k… then my next and my next…. And then my first 21k, and my second. See a theme here?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Spending wasting too much time on my phone. Books I started and didn’t finish. Art I didn’t make.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Aside from the occasional sinus flare up, I’ve been pretty healthy.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My running shoes and my new dining room chairs.
12. Where did most of your money go?
13. What song will always remind you of 2015?
Hello by Adele – because it’s been played on the radio like a gazillion times.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Blogging, reading, sitting outside and enjoying my garden, getting out and about in Jozi.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Messing around on my phone.
16. What were your favourite TV shows?
Shameless, Call the Midwife, Downton Abbey
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I probably dislike Zuma more this year than I did last year, but hate is such a wasted emotion.
18. What was the best book you read?
Shoo… I only read a couple of books and can’t remember any of them right now!
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
20. What was your favourite film of this year?
Not much of a movie person. Nothing springs to mind.
21. What did you do on your birthday?
Spent the day with the people I love.
22. What kept you sane?
Chats with my friends and love from my family.
23. Who did you miss?
I missed my work buddy who left for a stint in the USA
24. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a whole bunch of new colleagues when we moved offices and some of them are awesomely interesting and inspiring.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015
That I can do amazing things if I set my mind to them and that I need to make sure I do something worth writing about each year.